Thursday, January 29, 2015

Redeemed

   All of us have suffered from the result of sin.  Even the earth feels it running through its veins and it groans with agony as it longs for the return of its maker to come and not just restore it, but also blessedly make it new.  We each have our own experiences with this enemy.  Wheather it is sin that we actively have partnered with, or often the ricochet of someone else’s bondage to it.  Some of us hold the burden of physical illness that so evilly steals and destroys. For many of us it’s all of them combined.
   But the narrative does not end there.  God does not intend to leave us in this state of depravity, indeed he killed death and in that he has killed sin itself! It is finished, I know that deep within my soul and find such solace and joy in this resolute fact.
Although, I believe that we often look to the end and forget the in between. God also redeems!  He does not forget the pain that we currently feel or disqualify the fire that we may have walked through in our past.  Often times I shun my past, run from my pain, do everything to wipe out the memories of discomfort.  But, I feel God washing over me the word Redeemed! Redeemed means to gain or regain possession of something in exchange for payment.  I am so thankful that he payed the price so I could take back possession of so much that is lost through the consequences of sin. For me it looks like dignity, peace, hope, and health. Most importantly I am learning that God doesn’t just redeem to restore just me.  He finds great joy in using us as tools to help others. My story is not just for me to see how God has so graciously walked me through so many dark times, but just as importantly to then walk with others that are going through similar struggles.  How truly amazing to then be a partner with the one who Redeems. So I will not hide, I will not be silent, I will share with others my story in hopes that I can be a device in the hands of the almighty to let others know they are not alone in their walk through this groaning earth. Until Christ returns. Amen

~Sandy 



3 comments:

  1. Extremely well written. It's wonderful to be redeemed, even better that he bore all the pain to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely well written. It's wonderful to be redeemed, even better that he bore all the pain to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete