Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Shelby's thoughts on Rv-ing life and our time in Detroit Michigan




Dinner at Lou Malnatai's
Bus ride to The Bean- Bumpy ride.
Wow, we are almost on the other side of the united states, that is crazy to me. It blows my mind to think that we are so far away from home. After South Dakota on the drive to Indiana to get our RV checked we went to Chicago Illinois. There we went to the Bean which is a huge metal Bean that shows your reflection perfectly. We also went to a pizza place called Lou Malnatai’s. They have deep dished pizza which Ally and I were super excited about.
The Bean
Garden walk Elkhart


After Indiana we went to Detroit Michigan. My dad was super excited that we could go to Detroit because that is where the model T was  made. We went to the Ford Museum . It had so many amazing artifacts. The bus that Rosa Parks sat in and the car that J F K  was assassinated in. The  most incredible  one we got to see was  the Chair that Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in. My mom was so fascinated .
Actual Rosa Parks Bus- Beginning of the Civil Rights movement
Then the next morning we drove to Indiana. Elkhart Indiana is a quaint little town. We only spent four days there,  in a hotel, since our  RV was getting worked on. The main reason for going to Indiana was becauses it is where most RV’s are manufactured, and a good place to get work done on the RV. We didn’t do much else there , except go on a short garden walk.


Sitting in Rosa Park's actual spot on the bus.
Solute to one of our greatest presidents  

 The actual presidential car John F.Kennedy was assassinated in

Then after that we went to  Greenfield Village. It is part of the Ford museum which holds many original homes of famous historical figures. In the village was the Firestones house. He made the tires for the first car. Then there was Thomas Edison’s Laboratory where he made the first voice recorder. They also had the  Wright Brothers House ,and their  workshop. We actually got to see the engines they used to build their plane.  
Wright Brothers House
Thomas Edison's Lab
His chair on the left.


My thoughts on current life
I like living in the RV and traveling with my family.  I love living in tight quarters with my family so that we can become closer . I especially like that I have been able to spend more time with my little sisters and brother. I enjoy helping them with their school and being able to watch the excitement on their faces when we get see new things. I love doing online classes. I enjoy technology and working on the computer , and it’s  interesting meeting people all over the country. Ally even has a classmate in south Africa.
I love going exploring,  I  think it  is the best part of this whole adventure.  Not everyone gets to see the Statue of Liberty or the amazing Mt. Rushmore.  I sometimes miss taking a nice warm shower in your own home and sitting by the fireplace and sipping hot cocoa while reading a great book. But if you are all snug in your own home then you will never get to see the amazing landmarks that we see and all of the crazy experiences we get to have with our family. Going on this Rv trip has been such a blessing for our whole family. Even  though the bathroom is small and the whole house shakes when someone moves, the Rv is a pretty nice home.

~Shelby Bennion~




1 comment:

  1. Wow. Just got my post deleted. I'm not up for writing it again, but hey, just wanted to say I miss you guys and hope you're having a wonderful time...as it seems like you are. Near or far, friends are friends!

    ReplyDelete